Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just a thought....


I was out the other day, and for those of you who don't know me: I rely upon L.A.'s awful public transportation system. So, I had to be approx. 6 miles away from home, for an appt. at 10:30 am; I left at 8:30 to be safe. I even stopped to grab a coffee thinking that I was being silly with my two hour window. Mind you, I always give ample time to get places, who wants to be late? So, it has to be the ONE FCKN day it rains and actually gets COLD in my crappy city-- the day that I'm going someplace that I've never been. (BTW: isn't life like that? Cold rain on a day where I'm obviously going to be wandering around) So, I ruined it... I went up and down this street on the damn bus and the drivers were the meanest, most rude jerks I've ever encountered on the MTA. And that's a lot. I finally got to my destination after calling a few people, at last reaching one who wasn't busy. (Sam, you are the best!) Of course, I ended up there after running up the damn street (about 8 blocks-- biiiig ones) looking at addresses. Now, it was cold (I know, I know- L.A. cold is whatever, but it really was!) but after my sprint I was HOT and at the very moment I stepped into the right place, I realized that in rushing I had forgotten to put on deoderant. Heh, I'm not usually a stinky person, but at that moment in time-- your girl was on STANK. I ended up waiting for 2 1/2 hours (had to take next appt since I missed first one) and finishing up my book on the FLDS, them crazy fundamentalist Morons, uh I mean Mormons. After I left, I was starving and on the verge of collapse, but I took my bus home and dealt with that there. In short, or long for that matter-- I had a crappy day!

No comments: